The sun is here, the city is in bloom, and the time has come to share our top 10 places in Vienna to chill this spring!
This time just short tips people, because the goal is to have this post posted tonight, so that you have weekend inspiration. Come back for pictures a bit later, I need some time to locate all of them! 😀 Most of the places linked, are already spots we blogged about, so click the link to learn more about them.
Click here if you want to read about top picnic locations in Vienna (i.e. more gorgeous parks and gardens). Now off we go!
> Top 10 places in Vienna to chill this spring
1. Heldenplatz – right now because lilac is in bloom! Volksgarten next to it is also a great option, especially in June when the roses bloom.
2. Franziskanerplatz – in the heart of the 1st district, but a bit hidden. Gorgeous little square with a vintage vibe. Go to Kleines Cafe to chill like a local.
3. Next to the peony bushes in Burggarten. Or if you don’t want to be on other people’s pictures rather move under the huge magnolia.
4. The terrace of Palmenhaus in Burggarten. Great brasserie, nice service, ideal place for drinks with the view to the garden.
5. Garden of Palais Liechtenstein in the 9th district. Peaceful, gorgeous. Imperial Vienna vibe minus tourists.
6. Botanical garden next to Belvedere. Gorgeous little garden, open entrance, there is always something blooming there. Right now – rhododendron bushes.
7. Where else then Schönbrunn garden! In cafe Lantmann’s Jausenstation, or up hill next to Gloriette, on the benches in the greeen shade… Tip: Wisteria tunnel is blooming right now, so hurry up!
8. Lainzer Tiergarten – huge space, nature pure, you can even spot wild animals, hike, or heaf over to dreamy Hermesvilla… Endless options!
9. Klee am Hanslteich – one of our favorite restaurants in Vienna! A genuine insider spot, in the 17th district, located on a little lake, ducks swim around you while you are having lunch. Sublime food, great service, food, everything! Address: Amundsenstraße 10, 1170 Vienna.
10. Atmosphere Rooftop Bar of Ritz-Carlton Vienna -great open air bar with gorgeous Vienna view (at the picture below)! Strandcafé (in the 22nd district, with Vienna skyline view, one of the best ribs in town – if you are a meat eater), all the cafes at St.Ulrich’s platz in the 7th district (hipster vibes)… or for beach vibes some of the many bars on the sand close to Schwedenplatz, next to the Danube canal.
And the list goes on and on but i think this is enough inspiration for this weekend and many upcoming weekends!
Happy chilling and thank you for reading!
Una and Isi